Access the original full article here which was published by the Isle of Man Chamber of Commerce on 24th March 2022
On 24th March, Isle of Man Chamber and Isle of Man IoD members were joined by Lynsey Simpson, Founder and CEO of 55 / Redefined to discuss and challenge perceptions and explore how businesses can adapt to create age-inclusive environments and the opportunity for future-proof workforces.
Example snippets of the research study include:
• 46% of over 55s want to continue working beyond age 66
• 89% of over 55s would be prepared to take a drop in salary to retrain in a new role/industry
• 65% of employers will only hire an over 55 employee to do the specific role they are already experienced in and would not consider re-training them into a new role/sector
• 72% of employers believe there is a need to hire more 55-75 year olds into the workforce
• What are the issues and opportunities for employers to focus on?
• How do you attract & retain older workers?
Download the 55/Redefined and ProAge Report into Ageism at Work.