This year, our research reveals how increasing financial pressure is hitting our retirement plans, and how many of us are making sacrifices to help the next generation. I would like to say a big thank you to all those who have filled in the survey and shared their experiences so powerfully with us.
- One in 5 people under age 40 expect their state pension age to be 75 or over.
- A rising tide of unsecured debt is hitting 39% of UK adults, and it’s impacting retirement contributions.
- Self-employed pension crisis - three quarters (76%) of the self-employed are paying nothing into a pension, and 38% don’t have a pension at all.
- 67% of women aged 41-55 believe they will never retire.
- We are talking more. Over half (52%) of the nation say they openly talk with family about retirement and savings, up from 47% last year. More people are talking to friends, too.